Monday 25 October 2010

COLOR



Since I've been working on my first color comic, I've been thinking a lot about color. It is a weird and strange thing that I have taken for granted for a long long time (even though I use it at work every day).

I came across this fascinating thing.

http://colorschemedesigner.com/


It has a color wheel that lets you adjust the hues and brightness and all the other nerdy design stuff that I'm sure bores you to death.

What might not bore you to death is that you can click on a thing in the top right corner and see what the world of color looks like to someone who's fully colorblind, or say has deuteranopia (like my old man and to a lesser extent yours truly)... check out the triads, tetrads and every potentially disgusting, puke-inducing color combo that can besmirch the human eye. Oh, and if you're an internet-oriented fella or gal, you can get more hexadecimal codes than you can shake an ipad at.



This is all new to me, so perhaps you don't share my enthusiasm. I never took a painting or art class. And I have been known to fancy myself a wheel enthusiast.

Can you imagine how sad a world without color would be? I think we all know the answer to that...




exhibit A:

No comments:

presspermanent@yahoo.com

Thanks for checking it out!

Bookmark Aqui: