Thursday 1 July 2010

Squirt It

DISCLAIMER: This is a work of fiction. Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.


Someone just tried to extort money from me, then stole my room mate's rent and bill money all while owing me money. To top it off, they are still running around with the keys. Now I really feel secure! I knew he was a scam artist after a few months, but I never thought he would stoop to something this petty and, frankly, sad.

When things like this happen, I usually have dark thoughts in my head. Then I feel bad and think, "no, no, I shouldn't think like that. Everyone is descent... I should still treat everyone with kindness and respect." Maybe this is the trappings of an introvert, or a misfit, or a depressive. Whatever you want to call it. I always ultimately end up taking a deep breath and clearing the negative thoughts from my head.

But kindness and being nice got me into this mess. It is such a cliché at this point, but it's a cliché because it's true. These vampires will take advantage of nice people. It gets proved again and again in my life. So rather than sit around, having a mental tennis match with my good thoughts against my bad thoughts; this time I became proactive.

It is all well and great to be nice to people. Even dicks. But when they do something callous and malicious, you need to act and you need to act fast.

When life gives you lemons, squirt them back in that fucker's eyes.

If you sit around feeling sorry for yourself, you'll simply fuel your self doubt. I repeat my mantra: I will not fall victim to anyone else's insecurity. People are damaged, people are disturbed but NO ONE can take their problems out on you. They will try and they are crafty but you will win in the end with truth on your side.

We can't love everyone. And why should we? Not everyone will love us. We should be fine with this. Can't we all just get along? NO! The worst of the worst will pretend to love you, then stab you in the back. They will twist the knife. These people are a waste of complex cell structures. They are a virus masquerading as life. They are also not worth your energy.

Be proactive, take on the situation calmly and coolly, make a strategy, organize and then let it go. Don't let these people enact their vampiric fantasies. As Sarcofago said; Crush, Kill, Destroy. Then as Black Flag said; Rise Above. In this order is the simple way for dealing with these predators.

No comments:

presspermanent@yahoo.com

Thanks for checking it out!

Bookmark Aqui: