Wednesday 11 July 2007



So I've been reading Scott McCloud's Making Comics and John K's All Kinds of Stuff and realizing I need to analyze my drawings and drawings I like much much more. So I copied a panel from Steve Canyon by Milt Caniff... probably the greatest comic artist ever? It came out looking like this. I'm still trying to figure out how he draws women's eyes. Steve's head is really flat and wide, but her face is squashed and looks older and more stern than it should. The underlying shapes just aren't there and this looks too amateurish. Part of my excuse is that I only have a marker, not my pens (r.i.p.) and I'm tired. Post comments on areas of improvement, please!

But I think I'll try some more tomorrow... maybe show a panel of my comic book, too. Anyways... good night or good morning, wherever you are.

No comments:

presspermanent@yahoo.com

Thanks for checking it out!

Bookmark Aqui: